Hummus is the best little dip ever and especially when you toss in fresh cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice. The cilantro turns the hummus a beautiful spring green color, which is fun to pair with watermelon radishes for a festive platter. It’s delicious as a dip with fresh veggies or pita bread, but also makes a great spread for wraps or burgers. And, because hummus is made with chickpeas and tahini, it’s packed full of plant-based protein! It’s the perfect food for vegetarian diets because it’s so rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. But, you certainly don’t have to be vegetarian to fall in love with this recipe!
Figs Roasted with Feta, Rosemary & Balsamic Glaze
- 12 whole figs cut in half
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash figs and cut an “x” in the tops. Then pinch from the bottom to push the four corners slightly away from each other … like a chatterbox game. Cut feta into small cubes and stuff into fig opening.
- Sprinkle minced rosemary and drizzle a little olive oil over each fig.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is browned.
- Reduce balsamic in a saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half. Drizzle balsamic over roasted figs.