This recipe is so easy to make, but no one will ever know if you don’t tell them, because it tastes like you’ve been toiling for hours! Courtsie and I had something similar to this mushroom dish at Buceo 95 Tapas Bar in New York City and have done our best to replicate it! The only ingredients are cremini mushrooms, crumbled goat cheese, and pistachios. They make a great passing hors d’oeuvres or an excellent side dish to go along with steak or chicken. Or, if you are so inclined, make enough to serve as a main dish. That’s exactly what I did a few weeks ago when I ate 12 of them all by myself!
We’ve made these with plain, herbed, and red pepper goat cheese, but we love the simple, plain goat cheese the best. It allows you to better taste the mushrooms and also the tartness of the goat cheese. The pistachios add a crunchy and salty touch, which is perfect!
Goat Cheese-Pistachio Stuffed Mushroom
- 16 medium-large cremini mushrooms
- 1 four-ounce package of plain goat cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup chopped salted and roasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425⁰ F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a soft mushroom brush. Remove stems and place mushrooms on the prepared tray with the cavity side facing up.
- With a small spoon, generously stuff the mushroom cavities with the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios over the top of the cheese on each mushroom
- Bake at 425⁰F for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is beginning to brown.