Quinoa, goat cheese and cucumber are the focus of this hearty and yummy breakfast bowl. Topped with an egg, cooked your way, and lots of sliced avocado, this bowl will surely turn the morning alarm bell into a sweet melody! Oh, and just as we were about to toss away the outer leaves of our red and green cabbage, we discovered this beautiful bowl of nature – perfect for housing this quinoa dish.
Besides the many benefits of quinoa, (it’s rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber, plus it is gluten-free), it’s a beautiful plant. If you haven’t looked at images of rainbow quinoa fields, do yourself a favor and look them up, they are an explosion of color … gorgeous! These plants are largely grown in Ecuador and Peru, where they can withstand frost and temperatures into the 90s, as well as arid conditions. The U.S. now produces quinoa in the Rocky Mountain regions, as well.
Quinoa Cucumber Breakfast Bowl
- 🌺2 cups cooked quinoa
- 🐐 4 oz. goat cheese softened to room temperature
- 🥒1/3 cup diced cucumber
- 🍋1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 🥚 4-8 eggs poached, over-easy, or sunny side up eggs
- 🥑 1-2 avocado sliced
- 🧂 Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend Trader Joe’s
- 🥖 8 baguette slices toasted
- 🥬 Outer red or green cabbage leaves washed for bowls, or just use your favorite bowls
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Cool to room temperature. Stir softened goat cheese into quinoa and add diced cucumber. Season to taste with lemon pepper (or salt and pepper) and mix all well.
- Place quinoa mixture into the bowls or into the cabbage shell.
- Dip avocado wedges into Everything Seasoning Blend and arrange around quinoa bowl.
- Cook eggs to your liking and serve over or alongside the quinoa.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
- Now, you’re ready for a morning full of physical activity!🏃🏻♀️