Put a little lobster in your taco! Here’s a fun idea for your next taco night that is fancy and fun all at the same time. Plus, it’s delicious! For taco fixings, we love a lot of crunch, so we use finely sliced cabbage, thinly sliced radishes and diced bell and jalapeno or poblano peppers. Then a sprinkling of cilantro and a squeeze of lime are a must in our book. To top it all off, we love a good Chipotle ranch sauce.
We sometimes pick it up our chipotle sauce at Torchy’s Tacos (an iconic taco chain that started in Austin, but is now in 14 states). But, you can buy chipotle ranch dressing at the store, Marie’s and Hidden Valley both sell this, or make your own homemade version, which is really easy to do. We make ours with nonfat plain yogurt for a healthier dressing than those made with mayonnaise, but you can always use mayonnaise if you are a fan. We season our dressing with Treks & Bites Ranch Revolution herb blend, which makes it super easy and delicious, and saves a lot of effort in making sure you have all of the rights herbs and spices on hand.
We are big fans of grilled seafood, but If you don’t feel like getting out the barbecue, you can simply bake the lobster in the oven or saute it in a pan. It’s amazing either way! If you want to add shrimp for a seafood combo taco, that’s might delish, too!
- 12 each flour or corn tortillas
- 3 medium lobster tails
- 4 whole radishes, sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 limes wedges
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (mixed Mexican or sharp cheddar)
- 1/2 cup chipotle ranch dressing
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 whole chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (can substitute 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder, if you don’t have the peppers)
- 2 tsp. Treks & Bites Ranch Revolution Herb Blend
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove lobster from shell.
- Dice tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, and avocado. Slice radishes and cut limes into wedges. Wrap tortillas in foil and set everything aside.
- Make chipotle ranch dressing if you are making homemade. Refrigerate until ready to use. This step can be done several hours or a day ahead of time.
- Place tortillas on the top rack of the grill to heat, or place in toaster oven to heat the tortillas. You can also place them directly on the grill if you like them a little bit crunchier.
- Cook lobster on the grill for 2 minutes. Turn and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until the lobster turns opaque and is done in the center. Remove from grill. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- To assemble tacos, place cabbage in the bottom of the tortilla. Add pieces of lobster to each taco and arrange tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, radishes and avocado on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Drizzle chipotle ranch over everything and garnish tacos with a wedge of lime and extra sauce.