Cauliflower with all of that good cruciferous crunch is one of our favorite veggies these days. It’s full of vitamin C, tastes amazing, and it comes in a variety of colors from white and green to purple and shades of orange! We especially love it roasted until crispy on the edges, with Parmesan, shallots, garlic, and our own Diavola Spice Rub. It’s the perfect side dish or meatless entrée! This dish is super easy to prepare, too!
Diavola Spice Rub is a proprietary blend of salt and spices that is delicious on chicken, fish and veggies, like this dish. It’s also great on Brussels sprouts, and some of our customers really love it on popcorn!
The best way to roast the cauliflower is at a high temperature for a fairly short amount of time. This way you get nice browned edges but the veggie is still al dente.
You can prepare the cauliflower hours or even a day ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. When you’re ready to cook it, simply toss it in olive oil, Diavola Spice Rub, and a little bit of sea salt and spread it out on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for about 15-20 minutes, or until beginning to brown on the edges.
Diavola Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Treks & Bites Diavola Spice Rub available on our website
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean the cauliflower and trim off the green outer leaves. Pull apart the florets from the base and cut any of the larger stems into smaller pieces.
- Toss the cauliflower florets and the stem pieces, along with the shallots and garlic with the olive oil.
- Add half of the Parmesan, salt and Diavola Spice Rub and toss to coat all well.
- Turn the cauliflower out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan evenly over the top.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is al dente, but beginning to brown on top and the cheese is getting crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot!