Chocolate Almond Brownie Bites
Everyone has their own favorite brownie, and this happens to be mine! Made with almond paste and two kinds of chocolate it is rich and moist. You’ll have everyone coming back for “just” one more brownie bite! They store well in the freezer for several weeks, so you won’t be tempted to finish them off in one day!
- 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 ounces of almond paste Odense makes one that can be found in the baking section of most markets and comes in a toothpaste shaped box
- 1 cube unsalted butter
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pecans, coarsely chopped for brownie batter (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds for on top of brownies
- Melt bittersweet chocolate, cocoa powder, butter, and almond paste in a medium-sized pot over low heat, stirring occasionally until everything is melted and blended.Remove from heat.Add salt and sugar and stir until both are dissolved into the chocolate-butter mixture.Add two eggs, one at a top, beating well after each until well-integrated.Add vanilla and flour and mix well.Stir in nuts at this time, if you wish to have nuts in the brownies.
- Grease a metal 8×8 inch baking pan thoroughly with butter or spray with cooking spray.Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle sliced almonds evenly over the top. Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes. (If you are using a glass baking dish, reduce heat to 325 F.)The brownies should be just slightly wet in the center when they are done baking.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.Cut into one-inch bite-sized brownies (36) or if you prefer a “big” bite of chocolate richness, cut slightly larger.These brownies can be stored in the freezer for several weeks.