This dressing takes top honors in our household! We have a few mayo boycotters in our family, but everyone loves blue cheese, so we use plain, nonfat Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise and it’s a big hit. We use it for dipping veggies, salad dressing, and always with spicy chicken wings. We also make a blue cheese coleslaw and potato salad with this dressing as a key ingredient.
The other benefit is that 6 ounces of nonfat yogurt have roughly the same calorie count as 1/2 ounce of mayo! Don’t get me wrong, I love mayo with certain things, like artichokes, but this dressing is a perfect dipper for artichokes, too! This is a no-brainer, especially since it tastes so great!
Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Bring blue cheese to room temperature and place it in a small mixing bowl. Smash cheese with a fork. Stir in white wine vinegar, mix well. Add olive oil and stir until blended. Season with white pepper and mix well. Stir in yogurt until well incorporated. Voila! You’ve got your dressing! Refrigerate in an air-tight container until ready to use. Will keep up to a week or so in the refrigerator.