We love green beans so many ways, sometimes it’s hard to decide which way to prepare them. This is a really fun and fresh way to serve green beans, keeping a nice crunch in every bite. We simply blanch them for one minute to make the green really pop and then serve them cold with tomatoes and simply pinot grigio vinaigrette dressing.
Toss in some roasted shallots, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese for a really festive, colorful salad. This is a great example of eating the rainbow! The key to the best color is in the blanching, but if you don’t have time, you can just as easily and deliciously serve the beans perfectly raw.
Tomato & Green Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 10-12 oz. cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 large shallots, tossed in a little olive oil and sea salt and roasted at 400 F for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 4-6 oz. feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar (Bertolli makes this, but plain white wine vinegar works too)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- S & P to taste
- Toss all together and season with oregano, salt, and pepper!
- You can also simply use feta, tomatoes and beans for a super easy, beautiful salad!