Have you ever combined Ranch Dressing and Blue Cheese dressing all in one? We love both, but when combined they’re even better! This homemade blue cheese dressing made with Greek yogurt for a more healthy version, has ranch herbs for lots of flavor. Besides being a salad dressing, this one makes a fantastic dipping sauce for things like crudités and chicken wings for your next party.
We have a few mayo boycotters in our family, but since everyone loves blue cheese dressing, we use plain, nonfat Greek yogurt instead and it’s a big hit. The other benefit is that 6 ounces of nonfat yogurt have roughly the same calorie count as 1/2 ounce of mayo!
This easy salad dressing recipe takes no time to make and can be ready in five minutes, or you can make it ahead and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or so.
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Ranch Dressing
- 5 oz. blue cheese
- 4 tsp. Ranch Revolution Herb Blend
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk (lowfat or regular)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (for garnish if you are serving a bowl of the dressing on the table.)
- Bring blue cheese to room temperature and place it in a small mixing bowl along with Ranch Revolution seasoning. Smash cheese with a fork to blend herbs and allow cheese to become creamy. Stir in white wine vinegar, mix well. Add olive oil and buttermilk and stir until blended. Stir in yogurt until well incorporated. Voila! You’ve got your dressing! Refrigerate in an air-tight container until ready to use. Will keep up to a week or so in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle a few blue cheese crumbles on top of the bowl just for a little added texture.