It’s definitely strawberry season and these are a fantastic way to serve them! Your guests will be so impressed that you went to the trouble and it’s really no trouble at all!
We have always loved strawberries dipped in sour cream (or better yet, plain yogurt) and brown sugar, but this time we stuffed the strawberries instead of dipping them. These beautiful berries are filled with fudge sauce, yogurt-cream cheese, and brown sugar and topped with dark chocolate shavings. They are sooooooo good!🍓🍓🍓
🍓 12-16 fresh, juicy strawberries
🥯 4 oz. cream cheese softened to room temp
🍦 2 oz. plain nonfat yogurt
🌱 2 tbsp. brown sugar
🥣 1/4 cup of your favorite chocolate sauce (our recipe is below)
🍫 Dark chocolate shavings or curls
🌟 Clean berries, leaving leaves intact. Place berries upside down on a cutting board, with the leaf-side down, so the berry sits on the leaves. Cut a cross to about 3/4 of the way through the strawberries.
🌟 Mix the yogurt and cream cheese until blended. Place this mixture in a cake decorating bag outfitted with a small open star tip. If you don’t have this on hand (go out and buy one, you won’t ever regret it:), but really, if not, just keep it in the bowl and use a spoon to fill the berries. Chill until you’re ready to assemble the stuffed berries.
🌟 Open the split berry enough to spoon in a little bit of fudge sauce and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Then, using a small spoon or a cake decorating bag and tip, pipe the yogurt-cream cheese to fill the rest of the opening and a bit over the top.
🌟 Sprinkle with chocolate shavings or curls.
🍫 8 oz. dark chocolate chips (60% Cacao)
🌿 2 tbsp. light agave syrup
🍭 2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup +/- water … enough to get to the right consistency, thick, but not too thick!
🌟 Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until melted, whisking often. Bring just to a boil and stir well. Remove from heat. The sauce thickens up as it sits, so you may want to add more water, a teeny bit at a time to reach a good drizzling consistency, before serving.
- 1 pastry bag with small open star tip and matching couplers.
- 16 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate or fudge sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 Oz. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate shavings
Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 8 oz. dark chocolate (60% cacao)
- 2 tbsp. light agave syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup +/- water
- Blend yogurt and cream cheese until well integrated and smooth. Move this mixture into the pastry bag that is fitted with the tip and coupler.
- Clean berries, leaving leaves intact, and place them on a cutting board, with the leaf side down. Make a cross slice into the berries from the pointed (upward) side to 1/4 inch from the bottom of each berry.
- Using your fingers, open the strawberry enough to drizzle a 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate sauce in the bottom. Then sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar over that.
- Now, using the pastry bag, pipe the yogurt-cream cheese into the opening of the strawberry! See video in the blog above!
- Sprinkle dark chocolate shavings over the top. Dive in!🤗
Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until melted, whisking often. Bring just to a boil and stir well. Remove from heat. The sauce thickens up as it sits, so you may want to add more water, a teeny bit at a time to reach a good drizzling consistency, before serving.