What a fantastic way to keep summer going … join a Forever Summer Ice Cream Party! Thanks to our good friend Lee of The Rogue Brussel Sprout for inviting us to join in the fun! #foreversummericecreamparty
When we think of summer, we think of exquisite flower gardens, alfresco dining, and heavenly ice cream desserts! And, what better way to eat ice cream than sandwiched in between your favorite cookies! These Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches are made with one of our very favorite double chocolate cookies. We love that gorgeous pistachio color, and besides, it’s the perfect complement to your summer flowers.
Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches
Double Chocolate Toasted Pecan Cookies envelop this luscious and beautiful Pistachio Ice Cream
- 16 each Double Chocolate Toasted Pecan Cookies https://treksandbites.com/pistachio-ice-cream-sandwiches/
- 1.5 quarts Pistachio Ice Cream
- Make cookies according to directions, or use your favorite cookie recipe.
- Lay 8 cookies with the top side down on a cutting board.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and soften for about 5 minutes
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the ice cream onto each cookie and place the remaining 8 cookies on top of the ice cream with the top side up this time.
- Flatten the ice cream in between the cookies to evenly fit the shape of the cookies.
- Using a butter knife, or your fingers, smooth out the edges of the ice cream to be as even as possible with the cookies. (The finger approach is great, because you get to snitch the softened ice cream that happens to escape!)
- Place the ice cream sandwiches into a plastic container and cover tightly with a lid, separating layers with plastic wrap.
- Freeze until the ice cream is firm and frozen, roughly 2 hours.
- Serve with a spoonful of your favorite fudge sauce for dipping!
We used our favorite chocolate cookies not only because we love them, but they are so pretty against the gorgeous pistachio green hues of the ice cream. But, you can use your favorite cookies your favorite frozen “ice cream” or “nice cream” for this recipe! Here is the link to our Double Chocolate Toasted Pecan Cookies!
I wish it was summer year around!! I love pistachio ice cream so much. This one looks amazing and so beautiful.
Me too, Mariela! I was born in the summer to stay in the summer!🍑🧡🌞 And, we are with you on pistachio ice cream … or pistachio anything! Yum!