Cauliflower with all of that good cruciferous crunch is one of our favorite veggies these days. It’s full of vitamin C, tastes amazing, and it comes in a variety of colors from white and green to purple and shades of orange! We especially love it roasted until crispy on the edges, with Parmesan, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. It’s the perfect side dish or meatless entrée! This dish is super easy to prepare, too!
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower Florets roasted with shallots, red chili pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean the cauliflower and trim off the green outer leaves. Pull apart the florets from the base and cut any of the larger stems into smaller pieces.
- Toss the cauliflower florets and the stem pieces, along with the shallots and garlic with the olive oil.
- Add half of the Parmesan, salt and red pepper flakes and toss to coat all well.
- Turn the cauliflower out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan evenly over the top.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is al dente, but beginning to brown on top and the cheese is getting crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot!
We normally serve this as a side dish, but it would be an excellent vegetarian meal, too. We would suggest doubling the recipe if you plan to serve it as an entree. When you remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower, boil them in water as the start to a good vegetable broth!