My friend first served us this shrimp when she had a little leftover from a fundraising event and my son thought he’d died and gone to shrimp heaven! It is a delicious combination of dill, ginger, garlic, shallots, and dijon mustard tossed with a little white wine vinegar. You’ll find yourself “fishing” for more!
Dijon Dill Shrimp
- 30 pre-cooked medium-large shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.Shake well.Marinate shrimp in dressing for several hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove shrimp from dressing and serve on a platter with toothpicks for a cocktail party, or in a martini glasses with a sprig of fresh dill for a sit-down affair.
- These will stay well in the refrigerator for several days.