What doesn’t chimichurri make better? Maybe pancakes, unless they are corn cakes, and then it would be delicious! This zesty Latin American condiment, made with plenty of fresh herbs, garlic, peppers, olive oil, and wine vinegar is often served with grilled steak, but it’s fabulous on chicken, fish, or veggies and makes a delightful dipping sauce for bread. Plus it’s super easy to make! One of our favorite ways to use it is blended with feta for a delicious salad dressing.
Fresh homemade chimichurri, made with cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, oregano, garlic, lime juice and olive oil. Delicious condiment for grilled meats and veggies.
- 2 jalapeños or Fresno chilies or one of each
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves or about 2 cups loosely packed
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley or about 2 cups loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Put peppers, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and oregano in the food processor and pulse until it reaches the texture you like.Some like it quite chunky while others like it puréed smooth.We have people in both camps in our house! Either way, once it’s chopped, transfer the veggies and herbs to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.Mix well. Use right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.