Diavola Spice Rub will make you want to get out and grill! This seasoning is the perfect blend of flavor and heat for chicken, fish and veggies. It’s also adds a pop of pizzazz for your popcorn! Chicken alla Diavola is our primary recipe, but we love it on roasted cauliflower, grilled corn and Mexican street corn, too!
- 4 chicken breasts bone-in and skin on
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tsp. Treks & Bites Diavola Spice Rub *Can in our online store!
- About one hour prior to cooking, rub 1/2 teaspoon of the Diavola Spice Rub over each chicken breast to dust the breasts on both sides. Tuck one bay leaf between the skin and meat of each chicken breast.
- Mix remaining Diavola Spice Rub with olive oil. Divide this in half. Set half aside in 4 condiment bowls for each person. Use the remaining half to brush on the chicken breasts after they come off the grill, but before placing them in the oven.
- Grill over medium heat on the barbecue for approximately 7 minutes per side. Remove from grill and place it in a baking dish. Brush chicken breasts with olive oil-Diavola Spice Rub mixture. Continue to cook in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until the desired doneness. Note* the time will vary based upon the size of the chicken breast.
- Serve hot and spicy with BBQ’d corn, rice, or potatoes. Serve the extra of Diavola olive oil basting sauce to each person for dipping during the meal!