You are going to LOVE these potatoes! They’re crispy, tender, cheesy, easy, so delicious, and great for breakfast or dinner! The inspiration for our Peppercorn Perfection rub was a good friend who loves to grill. Like he is a serious grill master! He was a huge fan of the Weber Black Peppercorn Marinade Mix until it was discontinued. Once he learned that we were starting a spice company, the first thing he asked was if we could come up with an alternative to the Weber blend. Sure, game on! We put our spice blending acumen to the test and came up with this blend of black and white peppers and spices. And, it turns, out, we absolutely love it on chicken and potatoes just as much as we love it on steak! It has a natural thickening agent, so it’s good as a rub or a marinade.
The nice thing about this dish is that you can easily prepare it several hours ahead of time and bake it just before you’re ready to serve your meal. It takes about 30 minutes at 400 F to get the potatoes crispy and cooked through. We like to use the baby Yukon gold potatoes, but have also made this dish with a combination of red, yellow and purple potatoes, and that’s also great. The recipe calls for our Peppercorn Perfection spice blend, which naturally we love, but we have also made them with our Ranch Revolution herb blend and love them that way too. We have yet to try them with fresh rosemary and thyme, but it’s on our to-do list!
The key to making these potatoes is to use a glass baking dish so you can keep an eye on the bottom of the pan. When the cheese looks bubbly and beginning to brown, and the potatoes are knife tender, they are ready. It’s best to serve them inverted, so the crispy cheesy part is on top.
It’s best to serve them as soon as you take them out of the oven and invert them, so they stay hot and crispy!
Peppercorn Perfection Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 glass 9×13 baking dish
- 1 1/2 lbs. Yukon gold fingerling potatoes, cleaned and cut in half lengthwise. can use red or purple, or a combination of all three
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (we like Pecorino Romano for this recipe too!)
- 2 tsp. Peppercorn Perfection Spice Blend Sold soon on our website!
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Baste the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish with the olive oil to coat the entire bottom of the dish. (The glass dish allows you to see if the potatoes are getting golden brown on teh bottom.)
- In a small bowl, mix grated cheese with Peppercorn Perfection spice blend. Evenly distribute this mixture on top of the oil in the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the potatoes in the baking dish cut side down, right on top of the cheese layer. Spray the tops of the potatoes with olive oil spray and lightly season with salt and pepper. (If you don’t have the spray, very lightly drizzle 1 tbsp. of olive oil over the tops of the potatoes and season with S & P or more Peppercorn Perfection.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are knife tender and the crust is deep golden-brown and crispy. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, invert the potatoes so that the crispy side is up. Serve hot!