When it comes to a tasty and healthy quick meal, there’s almost nothing better than toast with perfectly ripe avocado, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and a splash of lime juice. All you need is a freshly brewed cup of java and breakfast is served! We have this for breakfast most mornings whenever we are in Baja! We love the sunny, sea-breezy mornings sitting outside with a view of the ocean and enjoying the beautifully ripe avocados with local cilantro and tomatoes … and don’t forget the lime! I say lime on anything! sIt always adds such a fresh and zesty flavor!
Avocado Toast – Cabo Style
- 8 slices bread whole wheat, sourdough, white, wheat or rustic Italian
- 2 large avocados slightly mashed but still chunky
- 25-30 cherry tomatoes depending upon the size
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro leaves
- 2 limes quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 8 whole cilantro leaves
- Toast bread in the toaster or grill both sides on a cast iron griddle. Mix cilantro with smashed avocado and season with seas salt and a dash of pepper. (Can also add a dash of chili powder or Tajin seasoning too!)
- Spread avocado mixture to cover each piece of toast. Arrange quartered cherry tomatoes over the avocado. Drizzle olive oil over all and squeeze lime juice over that!
- Garnish with a lime wedge, cilantro leaf, and your favorite hot sauce.