Calling all veggies!!! We really felt like eating some good crunchy veggies after all those cookies we made over the past couple of weeks! This salad features tomatoes and raw green beans, with a collection of goodies on top including Kalamata olives, roasted shallots and feta cubes all dressed in a simple vinaigrette. It is super delicious and beautiful for Christmas dinner with all of the red and green!
To make your green beans pop, you can steam them for just under a minute and then dunk them in an ice water bath to seal in both the brilliant color and to keep them al dente. But, we have just put them in the salad raw before, too, and that is just as tasty.
Tomato & Green Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 10-12 oz. cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 large shallots, tossed in a little olive oil and sea salt and roasted at 400 F for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 4-6 oz. feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar (Bertolli makes this, but plain white wine vinegar works too)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- S & P to taste
- Toss all together and season with oregano, salt, and pepper!
- You can also simply use feta, tomatoes and beans for a super easy, beautiful salad!