We love the spectacular color and the fresh taste of pink grapefruit and when complemented with perfectly ripe avocado, it’s salad perfection! And, since pomegranate seeds are just so charismatic, we decided to add a little extra flavor along with color and texture by tossing in fresh pomegranate seeds and radicchio. Drizzle a good champagne vinaigrette over the top and it doesn’t get much better! Besides, for all you Wicked lovers out there, you already know that “pink goes good with green”!
Pink Grapefruit Pomegranate Salad
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and the pith and membrane removed
- 1 large firm, but ripe avocado
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 cups of baby greens
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- S & P to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Arrange salad ingredients on a platter or in a shallow salad bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the top of the entire salad and pass extra dressing around the table!