These peanut butter cookies with maple syrup and Reese’s peanut butter cups might just literally be to die for! Especially if you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or just love dipping a spoonful of peanut butter into a bowl of chocolate chips! Sooooo good! These chunky peanut butter cookies combine maple syrup, Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups, dark chocolate chips, and a dash of sea salt for one of the best cookies you may ever eat!
The basic recipe for these cookies is from the New Basics Cookbook by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins … one of my all-time favorite cooking teams from the Silver Palate in NYC. We’ve made their peanut butter cookie recipe for years, but only lately piled on all of the extra goodies, which make these cookies extra-special!
These cookies have nice crispy edges but soft centers, so it satisfies all types of cookie lovers! They also hold up really well in or out of the refrigerator, and can be frozen for a sweet treat when you have no time to bake!
If you love this recipe, be on the lookout for our Reese’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, which we will post soon! We use our basic dark chocolate layer cake, but add Reese’s, dark chocolate, and peanut butter chips, and a huge spoonful of creamy peanut butter in the frosting!
Reese’s Sea Salt Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 4 oz. stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 7.6 oz. bag Reese’s Minis Peanut Butter Cups unwrapped, cut in half vertically (reserve a handful of peanut butter cups for the top of each cookie)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt or Himalayan pink sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 ⁰ F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer. Add brown sugar and beat until well integrated. Add egg and beat well. Stir in vanilla. Add flour and baking soda and beat until well-blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in Reese’s halves and both peanut butter and dark chocolate chips by hand.
- Roll dough into 20 evenly sized balls, approximately 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Dip a fork into a bowl of granulated sugar and press down twice, once in each direction to make a crosshatch pattern. Place one half of a Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cup in the center with the filling side up. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the top of each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just beginning to brown.