Mocha cheesecake made with a chocolate cookie crust, dark chocolate-cream cheese custard, real coffee, Kahlua, and nonfat plain yogurt will be the hit of your next party! (We like to think the non-fat plain yogurt helps in the fat and calorie department!) Hoping anyway …
This cheesecake is absolutely delicious! It is made with real coffee, melted dark chocolate, and Kahlua, along with a chocolate cookie crust. The beautiful thing about this dessert is that it can be made several days ahead of time and refrigerated. I was a bit worried that the crust would get soggy but tried it anyway because we were having 12 guests for a dinner party, which meant a lot of time in the kitchen. But, as is always the case, the more that can be prepared ahead of time, the more time spent with friends doing all sorts of fun conversation.
- 1 package of Nabisco Chocolate Wafers pulverized (Oreo Thins also work well:)
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened to room temp
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee cooled to room temp
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings
- Beat cream until stiff peaks. Fold in Kahlua and powdered sugar. Serve each slice of cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings.
DIRECTIONS (for Cheesecake)
- For the crust: mix melted butter with chocolate wafer crumbs and pat into the bottom and up the sides of a well-greased 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.NOTE: Be sure your pie dish is very, very well greased. I usually grease the inside of the entire pie dish with butter and then spray it with PAM to make it easier to sliced and serve.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric beater until soft and creamy. Add eggs and beat until well-integrated.
- Stir whipping cream into melted chocolate and stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in yogurt and then add all remaining ingredients: salt, coffee, Kahlua, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Pour custard into prepared crust and bake at 350⁰ for 35-40 minutes or until the top is still a little bit jiggly, but not runny. The custard will firm up as it chills. Refrigerate for several hours (or several days)!
- When ready to serve, garnish with Kahlua whipped cream and chocolate shavings.Enjoy!