Mocha cheesecake made with a chocolate cookie crust, dark chocolate-cream cheese custard, real coffee, Kahlua, and nonfat plain yogurt will be the hit of your next party! (We like to think the non-fat plain yogurt helps in the fat and calorie department!) Hoping anyway …
- 1 package of Nabisco Chocolate Wafers pulverized (Oreo Thins also work well:)
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened to room temp
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee cooled to room temp
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings
- Beat cream until stiff peaks. Fold in Kahlua and powdered sugar. Serve each slice of cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings.
DIRECTIONS (for Cheesecake)
- For the crust: mix melted butter with chocolate wafer crumbs and pat into the bottom and up the sides of a well-greased 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.NOTE: Be sure your pie dish is very, very well greased. I usually grease the inside of the entire pie dish with butter and then spray it with PAM to make it easier to sliced and serve.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric beater until soft and creamy. Add eggs and beat until well-integrated.
- Stir whipping cream into melted chocolate and stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in yogurt and then add all remaining ingredients: salt, coffee, Kahlua, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Pour custard into prepared crust and bake at 350⁰ for 35-40 minutes or until the top is still a little bit jiggly, but not runny. The custard will firm up as it chills. Refrigerate for several hours (or several days)!
- When ready to serve, garnish with Kahlua whipped cream and chocolate shavings.Enjoy!