I’ve never in my life see such beautiful salads as that Kiere Schroeder creates, well designs, actually for here guests at Sulphur Creek Ranch in Idaho! She doesn’t have much special dressing because these salads speak for themselves, but when pressed, she did have a couple of suggestions: artichoke ranch dressing and ginger vinaigrette. I think her salads are magical with simple extra-virgin olive oil and red wine or balsamic vinegar! But, you can try the Artichoke Pesto Ranch dressing recipe below!
Sulphur Creek’s Amazing Salads and Artichoke Heart Pesto Ranch Dressing
This dressing happened by accident when Kiere put blue cheese dressing into an empty artichoke heart jar. One of the guests told her how much she loved the “artichoke ranch dressing”! This gave Kiere the clever idea to make exactly that – Artichoke Heart Pesto Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups Fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 ounces olive oil extra virgin
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Dry toast pine nuts in a skillet. Set aside. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until desired consistency, whether you like a smoother or chunkier pesto. Mix one part pesto to 3 parts of your favorite ranch dressing. We love the yogurt ranch dressings, but anyone you love will work great for this dressing!
To make Artichoke Pesto Ranch Dressing 1 part: Basil, Spinach and Artichoke Heart Pesto 3 parts: Ranch Dressing