In our house, olives are king and we eat a lot of them … often straight out of the jar, but we especially love them stuffed with blue cheese, rolled in bread crumbs, and lightly fried in olive oil! As the breadcrumb crust browns, the olives heat up and the blue cheese melts, making them absolutely irresistible! If you enjoy olives, as much as we do, you just might need to double this recipe! They also happen to be a perfect munchie for Super Bowl parties!
Fried Blue Cheese Olives
- 24 Spanish olives
- 1.5 oz. blue cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove pimento from olives using a toothpick.
- Stuff the empty cavity with blue cheese.
- Dip stuffed olive into the beaten egg and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Cooking in batches, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Place breaded olives in the pan and saute until crust is golden-brown, turning once or twice to brown all sides.
- Remove to a serving dish. It’s that easy!