Vanilla bean may be the most exquisite part of this drink made with frothy steamed milk, hot apple cider, Amaretto (or spiced rum for a lighter version), and cinnamon stick, but the combination is indescribably delicious! And, it’s so light for an after-dinner drink on Christmas night … or any other wintery night! The thinly sliced apple garnish is beautiful, but also fun to munch on while you enjoy your cocktail! But, did we mention how much we LOVE that vanilla bean!
If you want to add pumpkin spice to this drink, it would be fabulous, too, for a Thanksgiving cocktail.
Amaretto Apple Latte
Apple juice, Amaretto, steamed milk, brown sugar and cinnamon makes a toasty warm cocktail for the fall holidays and chilly winter evenings!
- 1 oz. 🍹 amaretto (or rum)
- 1 oz. 🧃 unfiltered apple juice
- 1/2 tsp. 💫 teaspoon brown sugar
- oz. 🥛 foamed milk
- 🌟 a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 🌸 vanilla bean
- 1 🥢 cinnamon stick
- 🍎 1 thin slice of apple
- Heat apple juice in a small pan or in the microwave. .
- Steam milk in an electric frother (like Nespresso makes), your cappuccino maker, or using a hand-held frother (like Aerolatte).
- Place brown sugar in a cocktail glass and pour warm apple juice over. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add amaretto or spiced rum, and spoon milk over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Add vanilla bean and cinnamon stick and place apple slice on the lip of the glass