Are you looking for some great Super Bowl munchies? We have some fun and delicious ideas for you! Even if you’re not hosting, you can bring this dish and everyone will vote you MVP! We are going to post a whole menu of Super Bowl snacks this week, but here is one to get you started! All you need are four ingredients: a baguette, olives, cream cheese and blue cheese. If you love olives and blue cheese, you are going to love this simple and delicious appetizer! It is a family favorite from Grandma Iven and whenever she made them they were gobbled up, leaving only a few crumbs to clean off the plate!
These make wonderful toasts also to serve with pasta or steak or to dip in soup! Grandma used to make these with mayonnaise, but we are not the hugest mayo fans, so we go for the cream cheese instead! If you like mayo, you can always add a tablespoon or two to the olive mixture before spreading it on the baguette slices. It does help to make the cheese puff up a little bit more!
After you’ve broiled the crostini to a perfect golden brown, garnish each crostini with 1/2 olive and a dusting of paprika.
Olive & Blue Cheese Crostini
- Food processor
- baking sheet
- 1 1/4 cup Spanish olives, pitted, reserve 1/4 cup for garnish Can be with or without pimientos
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place baguette slices on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place olives, cream cheese and blue cheese in the bowl of your food processor and puree until smooth.
- Spread the olive-cheese mixture on top of each baguette slice.
- Bake for 5 minutes or so, just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Keep your eye on them, so you don’t over bake them!
- Garnish each crostini with one half olive and dust with paprika. *Paprika is totally optional!