This is our favorite way to make potatoes and it takes some time and a little patience, but it’s soooooo worth the wait! The edges are crispy-crunchy and perfectly browned while the center is soft and fluffy! A little red wine adds great flavor along with fresh rosemary, Dijon mustard, garlic, and lemon pepper. 🥔
Low ’n Slow Crispy Baby Potatoes
- 🥔 24 oz. baby gold potatoes or mixed medley of baby potatoes
- 🫒 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 🧂 ½ teaspoon salt
- 🧂½ teaspoon black pepper
- 🍋 1 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 🌿 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary minced to tiny pieces with herb scissors
- 🇫🇷 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard +/- to your liking
- 🧄 1 clove garlic minced
- 🍷 ¼ cup red wine
- Clean potatoes, cut in half, and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon pepper, rosemary, Dijon mustard, garlic, and red wine to coat the potatoes well. Pour into a large skillet and cook them over the lowest heat possible for about 45 minutes to an hour, then turn up the heat slightly to simmer for another 10-15 minutes to get to the desired color and crunchiness. Turn potatoes occasionally to ensure crispy edges.
- Toss cut potatoes with olive oil, seasoning and Dijon mustard. Add red wine before cooking.
- Cook potatoes for about an hour at the lowest heat on your stove.
- Then, turn up the heat to simmer for the last 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to get nice crispy edges.