“Little Bundles of Energy”
Need a quick “pick-me-up?”These delicious raw treats made with almond butter, nuts, seeds, and millet, are the perfect answer when you need a spark of energy during a long workout or a tough afternoon at the office. They are super flavorful with raisins, dried cranberries, toasted pecans, sesame seeds, and almond butter, and the raw millet adds an unexpected extra little crunch! We packed a few for a long bike ride and it was just the ticket to get us to the finish line!🚴♀️🚴♀️🚴♀️
Almond Butter Bites
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pre-toasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins (or currants)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp raw millet or quinoa for crunch
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp pistachio oil or coconut oil
- Place all ingredients except the oil in a mixing bowl. Rub your hands (or a wooden spoon) with the pistachio or coconut oil and mix everything together until thoroughly integrated. Note – It will take a few minutes in order to get the almond butter blended into the other ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into balls. Store them in an airtight container in or out of the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Enjoy your burst of energy!