“Little Bundles of Energy”
Need a quick “pick-me-up?”These delicious raw treats made with almond butter, nuts, seeds, and millet, are the perfect answer when you need a spark of energy during a long workout or a tough afternoon at the office. They are super flavorful with raisins, dried cranberries, toasted pecans, sesame seeds, and almond butter, and the raw millet adds an unexpected extra little crunch! We packed a few for a long bike ride and it was just the ticket to get us to the finish line!🚴♀️🚴♀️🚴♀️
Almond Butter Bites
Almond butter mixed with raisins, craisins, sunflower seeds, toasted pecans, quinoa, honey and brown sugar are packed with energy for an afternoon pick-me-up, or a trail snack!
- 3/4 cup oats *can be quick or old fashioned
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pre-toasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins (or currants)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp raw millet or quinoa for crunch
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp pistachio oil or coconut oil
- Place all ingredients except the oil in a mixing bowl. Rub your hands (or a wooden spoon) with the pistachio or coconut oil and mix everything together until thoroughly integrated. Note – It will take a few minutes in order to get the almond butter blended into the other ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into balls. Store them in an airtight container in or out of the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Enjoy your burst of energy!
Makes 14 (1 1/2-inch) Bites. Also, you can use rubber gloves for rolling the almond bite balls if you don’t like to get your hands too sticky! I have done both … oiled my hands to roll the balls and also I’ve used gloves. I think I like the gloves better:)🤓
Love this recipe! I am always on the lookout for new energy balls to take with on our family hikes. These have such a yummy mix of fruit, nuts, and seeds!
So glad you like this recipe! These little nuggets are sooooo tasty! We’ve put them in our backpack for long bike rides and they give you just the energy lift you need on one of those! Almond butter is so delish and the millet gives an extra fun little bite!