Put a little “fig” in your step! Figs are a regally beautiful fruit in all of their purple and green splendor, and they comport themselves so well as an appetizer or the perfect complement to grilled or roasted lamb, pork, or chicken. Add salty feta and earthy balsamic and you’ll wish you’d bought more figs!
Figs Roasted with Feta, Rosemary & Balsamic Glaze
- 12 whole figs cut in half
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash figs and cut an “x” in the tops. Then pinch from the bottom to push the four corners slightly away from each other … like a chatterbox game. Cut feta into small cubes and stuff into fig opening.
- Sprinkle minced rosemary and drizzle a little olive oil over each fig.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is browned.
- Reduce balsamic in a saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half. Drizzle balsamic over roasted figs.